Friday, March 14, 2008

Lord Azural's Lair

My illustration professor has a particular knack for giving out assignments that instantly spark interest, quickly followed by the realization of their difficulty. It's a good combination. This specific ink and charcoal drawing was assigned as 'a villain's lair, in two point perspective.' It was a good excuse to blend Assyrian style with a little medieval , plus Azural's wolf motif. I turned it into somewhat of a study in props, also known as a messy room. This particular villain is also a personal novel character. Now I wonder from whom he inherited the tendency to have such a clutted desk?

1 comment:

Marcelo Vignali said...

Hey kiddo! It's good to see your blog. I'm going to be linking up to you when I get a chance. I look forward to seeing some of those wonderful sketches on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello!